Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blog # 6: MMP Storyboard and Reflection Video

MMP Storyboard

For my Multimedia Project, I will be reviewing different apps to use in a high school math classroom.  Below is the storyboard outlining my plans for the blog I will be creating to display my findings.  It is a rough idea of what I think my blog will look like.  Some of the aspects of design I will use when creating my blog focus on text, color, and the use of whitespace.  I will mix in images along with the text to give viewers a visual representation of what the app looks like (note: I did not include pictures below because I have yet to finalize the 10 apps I am going to review).  I will also pick appropriate fonts that are easy to read and I will keep the size of the font in mind, making the headlines bigger and bolder than the main text.  I plan to separate my review as indicated below to make it easy to navigate the information: name of app, price, purpose, summary of its capabilities, positive aspects, and negative aspects.  I will make sure my images are of good resolution and will use my MDMC still media tool, FotoFlexer, to help edit them.


  


Concept Video

Below you will find the video I created of a slideshow of different pictures from my vacation in 2010.  My fiance and I went to Pittsburgh for my family reunion, followed by a couple days in Ocean City, M.D., then a couple days in Baltimore, and ended our trip visiting my sister and some friends in Washington D.C..  Because the video could only be 60 seconds (61 after I uploaded it to YouTube), it goes through pretty quickly.  I kept the transitions very basic, except for some more defining ones between the different cities we visited.  I created it using iMovie and used the template for photo album but put in my own title page, credit page, and transitions.  I hope you enjoy!  I had trouble posting the video here, so please use the link below.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!

    I know we have mentioned this but our projects look very similar! One thing that I love you added, and which I didn't think of, was a place to advertise the price of the app! I think it is very important for people to know how much an app would be, BEFORE learning about how to use it. (i.e. if it's 5 dollars and someone doesn't want to spend that.. they should skip that reviewed app all together)

    I also really loved your movie! This looked like a really fun trip. I think it's cool that you all were willing to wear matching shirts.. (some families are weird about that) I used the same template on iMovie but I like how your transitions were set it every time you traveled somewhere different. Mine were just at random!

    Nice work! Good Luck on your project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie -

    Your storyboard layout is helpful in understanding your project and what you plan to do. I didn't review your MMP proposal but this was clear and defined so I could get up to speed easily. Two comments: I think your consistent parameters for reviewing the apps is such a necessity. I'll be interested to read how all of the apps match up to your set criteria. Also, I like how you are adding your reflections. I think it will be interesting to read about the apps and not hear your personal comments until all of reviews are completed. I'll look forward to learning about some apps I've never heard of before!

    Your video was great. I liked the progression through your vacation from start to finish and the photo album feature. In my opinion, the simple transitions kept the focus on the pictures and not flashy animations.

    Nice work! Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    I liked your storyboard layout for your MMP project. It was very easy to follow and did not require any artistic skills. It looks like a great way to organize and envision your project. I am looking forward to seeing the final product of your project and learning about valuable information that will inform my future teaching.
    In addition, I enjoyed your video. I liked the transitions and how they kept the video informative and entertaining.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete